Unfortunately, offices in Columbus, Ohio and are one of the concerns of our Columbus commercial cleaning business are one of the prime locations for the spread of germs. In a crowded office, germs can easily jump from one employee to the next with little to no trouble. In the best case scenario, every office would be able to afford the services of a professional cleaning service. These services can cost more than many companies can afford, though. There are, however, many tips and tricks you can use to help keep your office as clean and sanitary as possible.
By using these techniques, you can greatly reduce the chance of germs spreading in your office. Try a few out for yourself and tell us how well they worked for you!
- Pay close attention to the electronics. Phones, computers, and all other electronics can be a breeding ground for germs because people are holding and touching them throughout the day. The typical dirt and grime can be taken care of fairly easily but that’s not what spreads sickness. You’ll want to invest in some sanitizers that are specifically designed for use on electronics like computers. That means that the sanitizers won’t do damage to the fragile electric components. For phones, you’ll simply want to wipe down the outer casing with sanitizer wipes.
- Desks can easily be neglected when cleaning because it is much easier to leave clutter on them than to clean under the clutter. Because of these practices, germs and dirt can gather under keyboards, mouse pads, and stacks of paper. Cleaning everywhere on a desk is the best possible way to clean it.
- Computer screens are statically charged so they attract dirt and dust automatically. The easiest way to clean a computer screen is to wipe it with a microfiber cloth. If you don’t have one, a rag will suffice.
- The top sides of fan blades rarely see cleaning but they can grow quite disgusting if they aren’t cleaned frequently. A quick wipe down of fan blades will give them a thorough cleaning.
- Garbage should be taken out daily. One of the most telling signs of a dirty office is an offending odor when you go inside. Taking garbage out every day will help eliminate smells in the office and also help to keep germs away.
Keeping a clean office is one of the first steps to keeping a professional office. The more sanitary your workplace is, the more employees can focus on the job at hand. For more tips on keeping a clean office, check out www.cleanhandsohio.com .